Something surprising happens when world-changing technologies appear.
On February 27th, 1995, a reporter for Newsweek wrote: “The truth is that no online database will replace your daily newspaper, no CD-ROM can take the place of a competent teacher, and no computer network will change the way government works.”
Sure, we all agree now that innovations like the wheel, the electric lightbulb, the personal computer, and the Internet had revolutionary effects on people’s lives. But in their very earliest days, all of them had serious drawbacks (in the case of the wheel, that’s an assumption we’re making).
Even the most ground-breaking of tools must contend with teething problems: lightbulbs used to burn out within hours, computers once filled a room, early web pages loaded at a crawl.
The world, seeing all these limitations, scoffed. “This will never catch on,” they said. “It stinks. My gas lamps last forever and they never go all black inside.”
Even those closely involved with emerging technologies sometimes doubt their success. Think of Ken Olsen, founder of once-mighty Digital Equipment Corporation, who said in 1977: “There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.”
If you’ve been reading about the crypto space in the past few years, you’ll have heard opinions just like this one. The same kinds of people who dismissed the printing press, the lightbulb, and the steam engine as newfangled nonsense have branded crypto a lot of hype.
And while we don’t agree with that assessment, we can see the reasons driving skepticism. While crypto promises to have as dramatic an impact as the internet on the way we live, communicate, and invest, up until now it has been hard to understand, difficult to use, and accessible only to a small cadre.
And that, Dear Reader, is exactly why we created Stacked.
The awkward phase of major innovations doesn’t last forever. After the earliest innovators lay the groundwork for a new technological paradigm, the next stage of development focuses on making these tools usable.
That’s what Stacked is all about: Making crypto investing so simple that everyone can benefit from its transformative opportunities.
We believe in the future of cryptocurrency as a truly revolutionary technology. And we know that in order for that transformation to benefit everyone, it must be as user-friendly as possible.
Stacked is all about user-friendliness. Our platform is completely automated: our interface connects with your favorite crypto exchanges, and then helps you manage your assets. Stacked is your one-stop solution to crypto investing, asset management, and trading — no matter what your skill or experience level is.
Whether you’re a crypto devotee or a dilettante, Stacked is designed to serve you. Here are a few of the ways we’ve found to take the hassle out of crypto trading:
- 60-second Signup: Creating an account on Stacked couldn’t be easier. All you need is your name and email address. (Try it here!)
- 24/7 Customer Support: Have a question? We’ve got an answer. Stacked’s team of support professionals is there to support you any time, day or night. Simply navigate to the chat at the bottom right-hand corner of your Dashboard.
- Integration with the industry’s most trusted exchanges: Users can easily link Stacked with accounts on their favorite exchanges, including FTX, Coinbase, Binance, and more.
- Instant access to pre-built portfolios and market indexes: Stacked users can choose from a wide variety of existing market strategies to simplify and streamline the investing experience. Choose the strategies that fit your interests and appetite for risk.
- Control over where assets are kept: Stacked is a non-custodial platform. This means that we’ll never touch your assets. Instead, they stay securely on the exchanges you trust, where you will have direct access to them whenever you need it.
- Perpetual power over your portfolio: You always have the final word on your portfolio. Feeling the need for some stability? Instantly move your investment exposure into or out of stablecoins. Got a hankering to try something new? Simply allocate part of your holdings to the asset(s) of your choice. You do you.
Time to Get Stacked
Our goal at Stacked is to make investing in crypto as simple and enjoyable as possible. We believe that by doing this, we will play our part in ushering in a new technological era that will make finance better for everyone.
We’re here to help you HODL with confidence. Get started with Stacked today.